Sunday, July 22, 2012

Bears love honey too

Post: Bernie: July 20, 2012
Note: To follow our Bee Keeping adventure from beginning to end, choose Setting up the hive from the index at right.


On the morning of June 20, 2012 I came out to yard and looked over to where there were usually two Bee hives and saw only one!


Who came through here?


As I got closer I saw that the larger hive had been knocked over.


Boxes and frames were on the ground...


and smashed.


As the Apprentice Bee Keeper I approached the hive... (Bees everywhere!)

I got one frame box up on the stand... (What am I trying to prove!)
 

Thousands of Bees buzzing all around me...

And boy were they mad! (It wasn't me... but they wouldn't listen.)

 I retreated... (So did my faithful, but smarter than I am photographer.)


It was a clean escape until I realized...


That the Bees that I was swatting at outside my veil...


Were actually inside my veil!


Later, Eric the Bee Keeper came over with full gear and started reassembling the hive...


Two up...


Going for three...


Sorry Bees, here comes the next box...


Oooh...

Then he gathered the pieces...


The smashed box...


The frames...

And put them back...


together...


It looks like this Bear had a sweet...


time of it eating some...


honey comb...


The Bees will just have to make more!


The big hive is back!


The Bees are settling in.


All is peaceful. (Until next time.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting in a useful and appropriate way.